Saturday, February 27, 2010

additions of the loveliest kind...

on a most quiet and peaceful day this past week, my wee country pad by the sea was empty except for me, bubbles the fish, two large silly dogs, who, given every opportunity wreck havoc everywhere...let me not stray from my story though, for on this day, everyone was most calm and still...whilst working on a new creation with tulip, i heard a soft scratching at the rear window, thinking to self that this was just a nosy bird, i continued to work diligently and most happily...upon the next scratching, i rose from my work, a wee bit frustrated, and went to the window...here is what i saw coming up the hill... and nestled in the tree outside the window...surely the scratching culprits...




it became apparent that these lovely folks all seemed quite parched and hungry, so as i often am quick on my feet, i ran to the kitchen to fetch a few snacks for wooden bellied souls who so curiously found their way up my hill, to my window and into my bushes...when i got to the kitchen, i could not, for the life of me, figure out what sort of snacks would be acceptable to this lot. luckily, right at that moment, my lovely girl came home from school and upon assessing the situation (with great excitement, i might add), proceeded to give some wonderful suggestions of the culinary kind...so, we crushed up some crackers, chopped up some cheese and wee slices of apple, along with a pot of green tea...however, upon returning (a bit later than i planned due to all the preparing) with a lovely tray of delicious delights, this, my fine friends, is what we came upon...


oh, the upset & dismay we felt at seeing all these kind hearted traveling folks and their babies, who surely were just exhausted and wiped out (possibly from the long trip from russia?)...who, understandably collapsed, the whole bunch, right there on our grass atop the hill...so my most wise daughter instructed me quickly that we must revive and refresh each and every one with nourishment...and so we did and they were all happy, to say the least, for finding us, as we thanked them as well for making our day so very special...

and now that they are all nestled (they are after all, nesting dolls) on their own wee shelf in said girls room, with sunlight streaming in and regular meals, lots of playtime paired with good love, it would seem quite clear that everyone is very content.

here's wishing you a most delightful weekend

still lily

No comments:

Post a Comment