Thursday, August 13, 2009

Warm & Cozy Summer...

Well, it feels as though the weather is cooling just a little bit here in So. Cal.
It is very subtle, the change, but I can feel small pangs of anticipation for the Fall and all the beauty that accompanies that time of year.
Ever since I was a little girl, I remember always being so ready for Summer, eager to feel the warm sun on my face and the sweet breezes on the beach.

On the same note, I recall my readiness for what is Fall in So. Cal., leaves changing colors and dropping everywhere, cold nights and the smell of wool scarves around my neck, rosy cheeks and the prospect of a new school year, familiar faces and new friends.

With two wee ones, this is something I am reminded of, and once again fills me with wonder. My readiness to embark on the next season has been renewed and I remember the fun of it all once again. I feel this hint of coolness in the air lately and as much as I do not will time to go fast (it does that just fine on it's own), I am excited about what is around the corner and enjoying what is right here in front of me now. So for the time being, I will bask in the sunshine and warmth, I will dig my toes in the sand with a smile on my face, no matter what time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment