Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Shop

Well, for sometime now I have been a bit perplexed as to where to go next with my Still Lily Designs... Oh yes, they are lovely, & Oh yes, they come straight from my heart to my hand resulting in a design which sees fit to add a little wonderful to any unsuspecting space....however, my shop has been a bit slow, my shelves were getting a bit dusty and to be quite honest, I was loosing a bit of faith. So, I made a decision about a week ago, told myself 'Self...now you just let go a bit, of all the internalizing about what to do next, about how to market your work, about questioning your creativity, oh about it all'...so I did.


And lo and behold, if I had a bell on my shop door, it would be a ringin'.
Be it the holidays, be it the letting go, well, really just be it.

So, I shall not let these shelves sit empty, I shall march out to the studio and keep on keepin' on...I just want to give a shout out and thank you to those who are supporting my work. There is nothing more encouraging as an artist to know that someone found something I created, and said 'hey, I want that in my space' or 'I want to give that to someone I love to adorn their space'...wow, humble my heart....and my art. Thank you.

I would write more about how I am trying to find time to read and start artful journaling and such topics of wonder and delight, but I must run for now, the kettle has boiled and since there is a storm brewing here (So. Cal style, so not that much compared to others) I must burn a bit of early evening oil.

By the way these pieces are getting lovely reviews and gushing orders. Just goes to show, everyone loves the beautiful, low maintenance types that just hang out and don't ask for much, but maybe a wink and smile here and there.
Have a simply wonderful evening.
Still Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment