Tuesday, December 4, 2012

small, little wonders...

i was gifted my first Rilke book of poems by my beloved and most awesome sister in 1985...that seems so long ago now..but I have held this book and his writings (countless to number), 
 close to my heart for as long as I can remember..
when times get tough (recently a bit more frequently) 
I open up and dive in, nourished and enlightened 
and brought back to a focal point within...
so, in case you are not particularly familiar with Rilke, 
I thought I would share...because oh, my how I love him so...enough so that we put his words into our wedding vows...(not these below), 


'If only we arrange our life
 according to that principle which counsels us 
that we must always hold to the difficult, 
then that which now still seems to us the most alien 
will become what we most trust 
and find most faithful.'

good night and be kind to yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment