Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kid dip


No, I am not talking about taking the kids swimming (although that is a part of our everyday schedule these days)...I am by no means a chef, I like to dabble and work to make a variety of foods for my two little ones which is a challenge in itself. Here is a recipe for a dip that I think sounds good and easy and edible for little picky munchers. I am going to make it tonight so if it is awful I will delete this post and that will be that.

I get away with serving lots of veggies as I give a wee bowl of dip to accompany every bite, so this appealed to me:
1 16oz. can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
1/4 cup ranch dressing (I like Trader Joes natural kind)
3 Tbsp. warm water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic ( I would go lighter for sensitive tastes)
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
baby carrots, cucumber, any veggie of choice
pitas cut into wedges (I would shape into animal forms with cookie cutter)
1. Combine garbanzo beans, salad dressing, water, lemon juice and garlic in food processor (golly I love my Cuisineart food processor)
2. Process until smooth
3. Serve as dip with veggies and pita

Sit back and watch as they devour!


This is the first time I have posted a recipe, but I think when I come across something I would like to share I will place it up here for all to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment