Friday, June 15, 2012

hands are good...

have you ever stopped to thank your hands?
hands are good...no wait...hands are marvelously wonderful and downright amazing
i stayed up late making handmade gifts for teachers last night
and as i sipped my tea and worked quietly to the hum of the refrigerator (yes i work near my kitchen)
it struck me that my hands are such a lovely gift...




they create and keep exploring with new things, they pick up paintbrushes, they don't listen to the fears in my head (most of the time), mend and sew various things,  they scratch and rub backs, they caress, hold and feel the soft skin of little ones, they rub bellies (4 and 2 legged creatures alike), they type blog posts, write letters, place cards in the mail...well, the list just goes on and on...
and although, i am cursed by some early signs of joint pain and stiffness...a burden handed (no pun there) down by my father...my hands keep working and growing (not literally)...
what have your hands been up to lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment